The young may have their strength but old men are blessed with wisdom that comes with age. Before you jump out and make a mistake, listen to what Grandpa has to say.
· Switch off your portable generator, allow to cool down, and then refill. Do not refill your generator while still working.
· In case of power failure, switch off all appliances to prevent them from being damaged by power surge when power is restored.
· Do not put edible items in similar containers with harmful items. Children may not notice the difference.
· Do not leave young children alone in the car. There was this story of a young boy who released the hand-brake and almost caused accident when the car started rolling.
· Fasten your seat-belt before moving your car. Do not start struggling with seat-belt when the car is already in motion.
· Once you remove your phone from the charger, remove the charger from the socket. By doing that, you conserve energy and prevent accident.
· If it has to do with security and accident prevention, don't just think about it, don't just talk about it, do something about it.
· It is dangerous to pick up strange parcels, notify the police when you come across strange objects in the vicinity.
· Treat every electricity wire lying on the ground as "live wire", even when the power is switched off. Notify the power company immediately.
· When you are about to cross the road, double-check each direction before you cross.
· Do not put total reliance on your driving mirrors; they sometimes make objects look further away than they really are. Double-check!
· The depth of a pothole on a road cannot be properly ascertained when driving in the rain. Slow down.
· Headset can be useful, but your ears can be damaged when the volume is high.
· Burning a pile of rubbish in your garden without being there to monitor it can be dangerous. Such small fires are known to have become big inferno.
· Don't buy drugs for yourself because your Doctor has prescribed it for a similar sickness on previous occasion. Go again and again to your Doctor whenever you are sick and get a prescription.
· Take a good look at other passengers in the Cab. You may have to give their description to the Police in future, if the need arises.
· The driver you need to worry about is the one who keep on saying, "don't worry" to every observation you raise or to the warnings you draw his attention to.
· The person to distrust most is the one who is quick to swear about his sincerity.
· It is better to talk to your bank's customer service than to seek assistance from someone at the ATM.
· An old friend whom you have not seen for long should be treated as a new acquaintance. He may no longer be the good guy you used to know.
Written by a wise old man.Enhance your security with surveillance cameras click to view